O you who believe! Observing al-sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become al-muttaqoon (the pious). (Quran al-Baqarah 2:183)
Before we start to know how to prepare for Ramadan, I would like to tell you all my brothers and sisters the importance of this Holy month in our loves and how Allah (SWT) and our Beloved Prophet has mentioned again and again of this Month’s greatness.
To all who are able-bodied and mature enough to fast be prepared of the fact that the beautiful month is about to arrive and appropriate understanding is ideal to make the most out of it in the given month spiritually and physically.
Remember, this is the month of achieving great heights rather than following the misconceptions of normal people taking Ramadan as a month of eating and drinking and just consider to the extent of keeping their bellies filled ignoring the fact that they are required to worship and piety following certain aspects exclusive to the month of Ramadan.
To follow the best practice and prepare for the month of Ramadan, following are useful tips to consider:
1. Sincere Repentance:
This is where you are required to follow all year round but when the month of Ramadan comes you are required to worship Allah (SWT) and repent from sins between you and your Lord. Start the month by getting busy in good deeds and worshipping refraining from other aspects which will contribute to unnecessary activities and all this is to be done by clean heart and peace of mind this is where Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning): “And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful” [al-Noor 24:31].
2. Du’aa (supplication)
3. Rejoicing at the approach of the blessed month: Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning): “Say: ‘In the Bounty of Allah, and in His Mercy (i.e. Islam and the Quran); —therein let them rejoice.’ That is better than what (the wealth) they amass” [Yoonus 10:58]
4. Discharging the duty of any outstanding obligatory fasts:
5. Seeking knowledge in order to be able to follow the rulings on fasting and to understand the virtues of Ramadan.
6. Hastening to complete any tasks that may distract the Muslim from doing acts of worship.
7. Sitting with one’s family members – wife and children – to tell them of the rulings on fasting and encourage the young ones to fast.
8. Preparing some books which can be read at home or given to the imam of the mosque to read to the people during Ramadan.
9. Fasting some of the month of Shabaan in preparation for fasting Ramadan:
10. Reading Qurran:
These are some of the very tips which will help you to make things different and for further information and knowledge on the beautiful month of Ramadan search for more online resources.